PRIVACY & COLLECTION POLICY
Mindsmith Wellness ABN 22 057 921 997 complies with the Privacy Act 1988 and the applicable Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act when handling personal information, together with the Health Records Act 2001 (QLD) and the applicable Health Privacy Principles in the Health Records Act when handling personal information which is health information.
Mindsmith Wellness takes the protection of your personal information seriously. Personal information includes any information or opinion, whether true or not, about a person who is identified or whose identity can reasonably be established.
Data Collection Practices
Mindsmith Wellness collects personal information for the purposes of providing you with a counselling service. As part of this service, it is possible that the practice may need to collect information about things like how to contact you to arrange an appointment. Mindsmith Wellness may collect information via the intake forms, consent forms or other practice forms that you complete, via our online booking system (if you use that) and via administration, or through our website www.mindsmithwellness.com.au.
The kind of personal and health information that Mindsmith Wellness may collect will depend on who you are (e.g. a client or third party service provider) and the nature of your connection with Mindsmith Wellness. This information may include things like:
- your full name
- email address
- date of birth
- Medicare details
- billing information
- general appointment information and other personal information.
It is important that you are aware that failure to provide Mindsmith Wellness with all the information requested, means that Mindsmith Wellness may not be able to deliver the counselling or allied health services that you have requested.
Mindsmith Wellness collects personal information in the following ways:
- from you when you make an inquiry, book an appointment, email the practice, phone the practice, engage with the practice on social media, complete documentation, in a counselling or allied health session where you request a letter or report, where you complete an assessment or make an online booking;
- from third party service providers – if you are referred through an EAP / doctor / or other third party, they usually provide us with your contact information and other information relevant to the referral;
- when we receive enquiries through www.mindsmithwellness.com.au and when the website is otherwise accessed or used;
The kind of personal information Mindsmith Wellness may collect will depend on who you are (e.g. a client or third party service provider) and the nature of your interaction with us, and may include your full name, address, email address, date of birth, Medicare details, billing information, general appointment information and other personal information. If you do not provide us with all the information requested, Mindsmith Wellness may not be able to deliver the counselling or other allied health services requested.
Information and Use
In the course of providing you with services, Mindsmith Wellness may use the information that you have provided to Mindsmith Wellness including personal and health information, in order to provide you with counselling or other allied health services, send you an electronic newsletter, respond to feedback and complaints, utilise the Mindsmith Wellness website, correspond with you and if required, enforce our client consent form / payment arrangement form.
Quality and Security of Data Collected
Mindsmith Wellness takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected and secure it from misuse, loss and interference and from unauthorised access and modification. Mindsmith Wellness endeavours to ensure all such information collected is up-to-date and complete at the time it is collected, used or disclosed.
To ensure your information is accurate, please notify Mindsmith Wellness. You can do this by emailing Mindsmith Wellness.
Health Information Collected
Mindsmith Wellness complies with the Health Privacy Principles and the ethical guidelines of the Australian Counselling Association and/or the National Code of Conduct for Health Care Workers (Queensland) in the collection, use and disclosure of all health information and to ensure that it is kept confidential.
Mindsmith Wellness may collect your health information when you attend the practice and/or at any other time from time-to-time in the course of providing counselling services.
Your information may be collected for, but is not limited to, the following reasons:
- as it is required for the provision of counselling or other allied health services, including recording your personal information and health information as relevant to your current situation for the purposes of providing therapeutic intervention, writing reports and summaries;
- only as essential for the provision of counselling or other allied health services, or as otherwise in accordance with your consent, or as may be required by law;
- only from you (or from someone authorised by you with your written consent)
- in accordance with the code of ethics set out by Australian Counselling Association and/or the National Code of Conduct for Health Care Workers (Queensland)
- with accuracy, on the basis that you may at any time request a copy of the health information that Mindsmith Wellness has collected by emailing us at email@example.com (subject always to applicable law) and where our records are found to be inaccurate, we will rectify any inaccuracies on the basis of the further information you provide.
Access, Updates and Complaints
Mindsmith Wellness will provide you with access to your personal and health information that has been collected, subject to any legal exceptions, at your written request. Please also let us know if you have any concerns, questions or complaints so that Mindsmith Wellness can address them promptly for you, by sending an email to Mindsmith Wellness. Where are our records are found to be inaccurate, Mindsmith Wellness will promptly correct any inaccuracies on the grounds of updated information that you provide.